Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms
Recipe Created by John Hing, Hog Shack Cookhouse (www.hogshack.ca)
- 1 Johnston’s Center Cut Pork Loin Roast
- 1 lb Johnston’s Bacon
- ½ lb mushrooms (crimini, button, shitake or mushrooms of choice) chopped into 1/4” thick cubes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup white onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- pinch of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- white wine to deglaze as needed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Sauté onions and garlic with butter until slightly brown. Add mushrooms and sweat until cooked.
- Add fresh thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze with little bit of white wine and set aside to cool.
- Use a sharp knife and butterfly the pork loin.
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mushroom mixture on the butterflied pork loin. Roll up the pork loin.
- Make a bacon weave.
- Place pork loin on the bacon weave and roll it up somewhat tightly.
- Cook at 375ºF oven for 30-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Let meat rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Cut and enjoy.