Bacon Wrapped Prawn Stuffed Chicken Wings
Recipe created by Chef John Hing of Hog Shack Cook House (hogshack.ca)
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 2 dozen prawns peeled & deveined
- 2 dozen slices Johnston's Thick-Cut Bacon
- 2 dozen toothpicks
- canola oil for frying
- favourite seasoning mix seasoning salt, BBQ rubs, etc.
- Hog Shack BBQ sauce or your favourite BBQ sauce
- Wash and clean wings under cold running water, pat dry and reserve. Debone chicken wings being careful not to tear the skin.
- Season chicken wings and prawns with your favourite seasoning mix. Let stand in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Insert the prawn into the deboned wing (where the bone used to be).
- Wrap the stuffed wing with a slice of bacon leaving the tail of the prawn exposed. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil to 325ºF for frying.
- Carefully drop each stuffed wing in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and internal temperature reads around 165ºF. Remove wings from oil and pat dry to remove excess oil.
- Toss stuffed wings with Hog Shack BBQ sauce (or your favourite sauce) to lightly coat the wings. Serve and enjoy!