BBQ Ribs – House of Q Style
Recipe courtesy of House of Q
- 3 Racks Johnston’s Pork Ribs – Sides or Baby Back
- House of Q house rub
- House of Q apple butter BBQ sauce
- agave syrup or honey
- apple juice
- brown sugar
- Remove the membrane on the back of the side ribs. Lift an edge of the tough film, use paper towel to grab the membrane. If you have a good grip of it, you can pull the whole thing off in one pull.
- Generously season your ribs with rub. Let the ribs sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking, medium heat. Place the ribs on the OFF or cool side and add smoke chips such as apple, cherry or hickory to the HOT side. Close the lid and smoke the ribs for about 1 hour for the first step. After the smoke chips have burned off continue to cook the ribs for another hour at 225°F.
- Prepare a sheet of foil with some agave syrup or honey drizzled on it – the same width as the rack of ribs. Curl up the corners of the foil and add a bit of apple juice. Take a rack of ribs from the grill and place meat-side down on the maple syrup. Loosely wrap the foil and return to the grill – again, on the indirect side for another hour.
- Open the foil pouches, remove the ribs and place back on the indirect side of the grill. Brush with BBQ Sauce and close the lid. This glazing step should only take about 15 minutes.
- Remove the racks from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut between the bones for each portion and serve.