Beer Marinated Pork Ribs
Courtesy of www.putporkonyourfork.com
- 4 lbs Johnston’s Pork Side or Back Ribs
- 1/2 cup beer *
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oriental chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Using a fork, lift the membrane (silverskin) from the backside of the Pork rib bones. Gently peel it away from the ribs and discard. Place the Pork in a large plastic bag, non-metal bowl or sealable container.
- Blend remaining ingredients and pour over Pork; seal or cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight, turning ribs occasionally.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium (325). Drain marinade into a small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Place Pork ribs on the lower grill, bone side down. Close barbecue cover and grill for 1 ½ to 2 hours. During the last 15 minutes baste with marinade and cook, cover closed, until golden brown. Cut into 3 or 4 rib portions and serve with grilled corn and coleslaw.
- * Non alcoholic beer may be used.