Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- 1/4 lb butter
- 16 slices white bread crusts removed
- Johnston’s Back Bacon or Ham thinly sliced
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups milk
- dash tobasco sauce
- special k or cornflakes crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9”x13” buttered glass baking dish, put 8 slices of bread. Add pieces to cover bottom of dish completely. Cover bread with slices of bacon, layer with cheese slices. Cover with slices of bread to make it like a sandwich.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper, add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, milk, Tabasco. Pour over sandwiches. Cover with crushed cereal.
- Bake, uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes at 350°F until cooked. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.