Chocolate Bacon Claws
Created by Chef Alex Pugsley
- 6 pieces Candied Johnston's Bacon Strips
- ½ cup white chocolate chopped into small, uniform pieces
- 2 cups dark chocolate chopped into small, uniform pieces
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 slices fruit for garnish
- 2 martini glasses
- Fill a sauce with water. Heat the saucepan over low-medium heat until it just begins to simmer, then turn off the stove and place the chocolate bowl over the water. Frequently stir chocolate to melt to melt and avoid burning. Remove bowl from heat. Add bowl back over hot water to keep warm and melted if chocolate starts to thicken.
- Dip 3/4 of the bacon strip in dark chocolate and let rest on cooling rack.
- Melt white chocolate using the same method as above. Pour melted white chocolate into a squeeze bottle for decorating. Drizzle white chocolate at an angle over the chocolate covered bacon strip creating an angled white piping effect.
- Place 1/2 cup of whipped cream in each martini glass. Slide 3 slices of chocolate covered bacon in each martini glass behind the whipping cream creating a fanned look.
- Garnish with fruit and let the bacon romance begin!
- See link above to make Candied Bacon