Crustless Asparagus & Bacon Quiche
Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- ½ celery diced
- 2 tbsp onion diced
- 18 asparagus spears blanched & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 6 Johnston’s Bacon sliced
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 oz shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Spray 12” skillet with cooking spray and add celery, onion, and bacon; cook until softened. Add asparagus and cook a few minutes longer.
- Spray 9” pie plate with cooking spray and arrange vegetables in plate. Set aside and let cool.
- In medium bowl and beat eggs, milk, yogurt, 3 oz cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; pour into pie plate. Combine remaining cheeses and sprinkle over quiche.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Asparagus can be substituted for broccoli, mushrooms, or any other vegetable you prefer.