Easy Stuffed BBQ Pork Chops
Recipe created by Braai-Q BBQ Team (www.braaiq.com)
- BBQ spice use your favourite
- 4 Thick-Cut Johnston’s Pork Chops 1.5-inch thick
- 1 ½ cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 16 large fresh spinach leaves
- 16 large sun dried tomatoes
- toothpicks soaked in water
- oil to baste
- Preheat BBQ to sear 500°F.
- While BBQ warms up, make slits in pork chops to form a pocket in fat end.
- BBQ pork chops to get some color on the outside - approximately 2 minutes per side and then remove from BBQ. Reduce BBQ temp to 350°F.
- Stuff each chop generously with 4 large spinach leaves, 4 sun dried tomatoes and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese and skewer shut with toothpicks.
- Return chops to BBQ using indirect heat (away from flame) and remove chops when internal temperature has reached 145°F.
Hint – I used a rib rack to hold the chop upright when returning to BBQ with the stuffing. This prevents the stuffing from oozing and falling out.