Egg & Chorizo Taco Filling
Use this filling for any Mexican meal applications, such as tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc. Everything you need in one pan – just scoop, fill, and serve!
Chorizo Sausage Meat
- 500 grams Ground Johnston’s Pork
- 2 tbsp Sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Granulated garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- Chorizo sausage meat
- 6 Large eggs, beaten
- 175 grams Aged white cheddar, grated, about 1.5 cups
- ½ cup Yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Small tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup Small red onion, diced. , rinsed and drained for milder flavour
- 1 Large Jalapeno, seeds & membrane removed if desired, diced very small
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ Lime
- Taco or tortilla shells
- Mix all Chorizo sausage ingredients together.
- In a medium non-stickpan on medium-high heat, add oil and chorizo. Cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes, while breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon
- Stirin eggs and cook while stirring constantly until eggs are fully cooked andcombined with chorizo, approximately 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat andstir in grated cheese so it can melt.
- Then evenly top this cooked mixture with bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos and cilantro. Squeeze 1/2 lime over the mixture and serve immediately to filltaco shells or tortillas.