Fajita in a Pita
Courtesy of Put Pork on your Fork! (www.putporkonyourfork.com)
- 1 lb Johnston’s Pork Loin or Leg Strips trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Tabasco or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red or green pepper (or both) sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 2 large pita pockets cut in half
- Cut pork into small -1 x 1/4 inch (2.5cm x 6mm) strips, trimmed of visible fat.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan over high heat; add pork and garlic & stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add Tabasco, oregano and cumin. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Remove meat and add onions and peppers (if the pan is dry, add about 2 Tbsp (25 mL) of water, to steam the vegetables): Stir-fry for 4 minutes. Return meat to pan, pour lime juice over, toss and spoon into warmed pita pockets.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, yogurt or sour cream and salsa.