Ham & Egg Fried Rice
Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- ½ cup peas
- 3 tbsp salad oil
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice cold
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce to taste
- ½ cup Johnston’s Cooked Ham chopped, or substitute with Johnston's sausage
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Place frying pan on high heat. Pour in 1 tbsp oil and immediately turn heat down.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble, breaking them into small pieces. Take them out and set aside.
- Heat the other 2 tbsp of oil and add the rice to the frying pan. Heat the rice for 2-3 minutes until all of it is coated with oil.
- Add a pinch of salt and soya sauce, then peas and ham. Stir fry for one minute - add eggs and green onion. Heat until hot and enjoy!
- Recipe picture used mixed vegetables in lieu of using only peas