Johnston’s Jamaican Style Pork Belly
Recipe created by Chef Asher Myton
- 3 lbs Johnston’s Pork Belly
- 2 Tbsp Johnston’s Jamaican Style Rub
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 4-6 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 stalks green onion chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients except pork belly to a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth. Pour marinade over pork belly and let marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sear pork belly on the grill for 25 minutes then transfer to oven and cook for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.