Created by Angie Quaale (www.wellseasoned.ca/blog)
- Smoke on Wheels BBQ marinade*
- 12 inch piece Boneless Johnston’s Pork Loin Roast (not tenderloin)
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp your favorite BBQ rub
- With a sharp knife, butterfly the pork loin, cover with plastic wrap and gently pound with a meat mallet to make the piece even & fairly thin.
- Transfer the pork to a Ziploc bag, and pour the marinade into bag, move the pork around to evenly distribute the marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- On a sheet waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, rub & minced garlic. Remove the pork from the marinade and coat with the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Tightly roll and toothpick the pork. Cut into 1-inch-thick pieces; thread onto metal skewer.
- Remove toothpicks. Repeat with remaining pork. Place skewers on oiled grill over medium hot coals.
- Cover and grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until the pork is cooked through. Your meat thermometer should read about 145°F. Allow the meat to rest for a few minutes and serve.
- *Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade is available at Well Seasoned (www.wellseasoned.ca)