For Versatile Pork Patty recipe, click here.
KFP Pork Patty Sandwich
- 4 frozen Versatile Pork Patties
- 1 egg with 3/4 cup water for egg wash
- 4 hoagie style buns
- sliced tomato
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 Tbsp coarse black pepper
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cloves
- Mix all seasoning ingredients well. Put in dish large enough for dredging the pork patties.
- Preheat vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep fryer or deep heavy pot.
- Dip each frozen pork patty in egg wash then dredge in seasoning. Dip in egg wash a second time and dredge again.
- Drop each coated patty in to preheated oil being careful not to over crowd. Move them around so they don’t stick to each other.
- Cook about 5 minutes or so until golden brown and internal temperature has reached a minimum of 145°F
- Drain on paper towel.
- Toast buns and spread mayonnaise on both halves of the bun. Add lettuce and tomato. Johnston's Quality Bacon and/or cheese are certainly welcomed optionally.