Korean Style Spicy Pork Bites
Recipe created by Chef Tyler Schwarz
- 1 kg Johnston’s Pork Belly, thinly sliced or Johnston’s Pork Ribs
- 87 grams sambal oelek
- 20 grams sugar
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce head cored & cleaned
- 250 grams rice cooked & cooled
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 5 grams toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven on grill setting and spray pan with canola oil. Can also be done on a traditional grill.
- Place pork belly or ribs in a mixing bowl and add in the marinade ingredients. Mix thoroughly to combine. Cover and place in cooler for 30 minutes minimum and up to 4 hours.
- Grill pork belly or ribs for 4 minutes, then flip and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven/grill and let rest.
- To Assemble: If you wish to make this a salad wrap, place a tablespoon of rice on a single leaf of lettuce and top with the pork belly, green onion, and sesame seeds. Wrap and eat.
- Chef’s Tip: The way I like to enjoy this dish is by itself. A beautiful spicy pork appetizer ready in minutes.