Lemon Tarragon Pork Chops
Chops are perfect for quick meals and casual dining. This simple lemon and tarragon rub creates a fresh flavour for a stand-alone dinner entree (Source: National Pork Board)
- 4 Johnston’s Pork Chops 3/4" thick
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lemon zest (zest from 1 medium-large lemon)
- 1 ½ tsp garlic pepper blend
- 1 ½ tsp dried onion powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat grill to medium high (400°F). Meanwhile, place pork on platter; drizzle with ½ teaspoon olive oil on each side. Brush to coat, set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together tarragon, lemon zest, garlic pepper blend, onion powder and salt to make the dry rub. Rub about 1 ½ teaspoons of mixture over side of pork chops.
- Place pork chops on preheated grill. Close lid; cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side pork until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Serve and garnish with slice of lemon if desired.
- Helpful Hint: Dry rubs create a nice crust of flavour. Press the rub into the meat - even massaging it helps deepen the flavour.