Pork Loin and Duck Breast Spring Rolls
- spring roll wrappers thawed
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 1 duck breast skin removed
- ½ lb Johnston’s Boneless Pork Loin minced
- 1 ½ - 2 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying spring rolls
- Melt margarine over medium heat, and add minced pork, and minced duck breast. Salt and pepper to taste and add 1 Tbsp of Chinese five spice. Once cooked, remove from pan and wipe out excess grease.
- Place the grated carrot, grated garlic, worcestershire sauce, soya sauce and remaining chinese five spice. Add meat mixture and sauté until carrot is tender. Once this is well mixed remove from heat and set aside.
- Separate thawed spring roll wrappers and place on hard surface so that one point of the diamond shape is facing you. Place 1 Tbsp of mixture and add pinch of green onions. Fold in side corners of wrapper and roll the spring roll tightly. When you get to the end of the wrapper, lightly dab water on the corner of the wrapper to seal the spring roll. Place on paper towel until ready to cook.
- Prepare deep fryer so that oil is at 350 F degrees for frying. When ready place spring rolls in fryer and cook until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain oil.