For Versatile Pork Patty recipe, click here.
Pork Parmagiana with Butternut Squash and Zucchini
Recipe created by Chef Steve Waldron of Fat Wally's Firehouse BBQ.
- 4 frozen Versatile Pork Patties
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 Tbsp onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- vegetable spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with vegetable spray.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Mix beaten egg and water together (egg wash).
- Dip frozen pork patty in egg wash then coat with bread crumb/cheese mixture. Dip in egg wash a second time and then back in to bread crumb mixture so you get a good coating on each patty. Lay breaded pork patty on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pork patties.
- Spray the tops of the breaded pork patties with cooking spray to help brown them.
- Place pork patties in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- When 15 minutes are up, remove the pork patties from the oven. Top each cooked patty with 1/4 of the marinara sauce and 1/4 of the grated mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes until cheese has melted. (Internal temperature should be 145°F or higher).
- While pork patties are cooking, slice the butternut squash and zucchini in to ribbons. Use a vegetable peeler to peel in to thin strips then use a knife to cut in to ribbon width pieces.
- In a skillet, add the oil and cook onion and garlic for a few minutes until onion has softened. Add the butternut squash and zucchini ribbons and cook for 5 minutes until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the cooked vegetable ribbons and top with the pork patties.
- For Versatile Pork Patty Recipe, go to: https://www.johnstons.ca/recipe/versatile-pork-patty/