Pork Tenderloin, Blueberries & Ginger
Created by Chef Antonio of Choices Markets
- 450 g Johnston’s Pork Tenderloin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp fresh black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup blueberries approx, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- Sprinkle cinnamon, ground pepper and salt on the tenderloin.
- In a frying pan heat oil and brown seasoned whole pork tenderloin, both sides.
- Remove from frying pan and add blueberries, sugar, ginger, lemon zest, and after cooking for a few minutes, add lemon juice and thyme. Cook approximately 10 minutes.
- Then bring tenderloin back into the frying pan, reduce heat and if necessary add 2 tbsp water. Cover and simmer each side for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off and allow standing covered for 10-15 minutes, prior to slicing.