Rigatoni and Spareribs
Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- 2-4 lbs Johnston’s Spareribs or Pork Buttons
- salt & pepper or favourite rub to season
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cans 28 oz each stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans 5 oz each tomato paste
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- dash of garlic powder
- 2-3 cups grated old cheddar cheese approximately
- 1 ½ - 2 pkg Rigatoni or Shell Noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Season spareribs with salt & pepper or your favourite rub.
- Bake spare ribs in roasting pan until cooked (1-2 hours) until desired doneness. You can also bake for 1 hour and then broil in oven or grill on BBQ for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large pot (Dutch oven) fry onions in oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes, paste, oregano, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Bring to boil then cover and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Boil rigatoni as per package instructions, drain, and mix well with sauce.
- Place in oven to warm and serve with spareribs.