Roasted Pork Loin
Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- 1 4-5 lbs Johnston’s Pork Loin Roast
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard or caraway seed
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- 1 ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon or allspice
- ¼ tsp mace or nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix flour, salt, mustard, sugar, pepper and sage. Rub over surface of meat. Set meat aside, fat side up, in a roasting pan. Roast at 325°F for 1 ½ hours.
- For topping, mix applesauce with brown sugar, cinnamon, mace and salt. Spread on top of meat. Roast about 15-30 minutes longer, or until temperature reaches 145°F to 150°. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Heat up the remaining topping sauce and serve with the roast.