Skillet Pork Loin with Vegetables
Created by Pit Master Saffron (bushcooking.com)
- 1 Johnston’s Pork Loin to serve 4
- 1 sprig thyme finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 4 servings roasting vegetables (such as potato, carrot, parsnip and brussels sprouts)
- Combine the rosemary, thyme and garlic, then divide into two bowls. In the first bowl, add the Dijon mustard and 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and combine to make the herb and garlic mixture. In the second bowl, add the remaining olive oil and salt to make the herb and garlic oil.
- Peel and dice the roasting vegetables into same size pieces. Dry if damp then toss with the herb and garlic oil.
- Trim the pork loin as desired of any fat and silver skin. Rub the herb and garlic mixture evenly over the pork loin.
- Preheat an oven, enclosed BBQ, or smoker with a skillet in it to 400⁰F. When at temperature, carefully remove the skillet, add the vegetables and gently shake to create an even layer. Place the pork on top and return to the oven, BBQ, or smoker. Cook for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature setting to 250⁰F and slowly let the temperature drop.
- After 45 minutes, check the internal temperature of the meat. A cooked loin is 145⁰F with a 3 minute resting period. Continue cooking if needed until done as this may vary based on the characteristics of the oven, BBQ, or smoker.