Smoked Bacon & Mustard Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Recipe created by Chef Alex of Pugsley's Creative Catering
- 2 pieces Johnston’s Pork Tenderloin
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- 12-16 slices Johnston’s Bacon
- ¼ cup paprika
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Mix ingredients for carolina rub.
- Combine mustard and one half of carolina rub together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread mustard mix evenly over tenderloin pieces.
- Make 2 flat basket weaves using bacon slices.
- Wrap each tenderloin with bacon weave and sprinkle remaining carolina rub mix on the wrapped tenderloin pieces.
- Pre-heat smoker to 185ºF and smoke for 15 minutes. Increase temperature to 225ºF and continue cooking for 20 more minutes. Or pre-heat oven to 300ºF. Place tenderloin pieces on baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until internal temperature reads 155°F or to desired doneness.
- Chef’s Tips: Tenderloin can also be cooked on the BBQ using the indirect heat cooking method. To prevent drying, use an apple juice and water mixture (3 part apple juice to 1 part water) and spray tenderloin every 15 minutes or as needed.