Teriyaki Pork Burgers
Source: Canadian Pork (www.putporkonyourfork.com)
- 1 lb Johnston’s Lean Ground Pork
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp orange juice concentrate thawed
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine all ingredients. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat barbecue on high for 10 minutes, reduce heat to medium for grilling.
- Barbecue 5-10 minutes per side (or broil approximately 3-inch/7.5cm from heat for 5 -10 minutes per side) or until no pink remains. Always cook ground pork to well done, 160°F (71°C) with a food thermometer.
- Serve on hamburger buns with your favourite condiments.
- Helpful Hint #1: If you’re looking for finger foods, make these pork burgers into sliders by dividing the meat into 10 mini patties and placing them on slider buns. Appetizing and easy!
- Helpful Hint #2: For a new taste sensation, serve on a hamburger or Kaiser Bun and serve with a rhubarb and strawberry compote.