Wild West Ribs
Source: Canadian Pork (www.putporkonyourfork.com)
- 2 racks (about 3 lbs/1.5 kg) Johnston’s Pork Back or Side Ribs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp tobasco sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Using a fork, lift the membrane from a corner of the rib bones on the non-meaty underside; gently peel it away from the ribs and discard.
- Place ribs in a single layer in a baking tray or dish, meaty side up. Add 2 cups (500 mL) hot water to the tray. Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour, or until meat is easily pieced with a sharp knife, and is beginning to pull away from the rib bones.
- Prepare sauce: Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Switch oven to broiler, preheat on HIGH.
- Place ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet and baste with sauce. Broil 5 to 6 inches (13 - 15 cm) from heat until sauce starts to bubble, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn over and baste other side of ribs. Return to oven and broil for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with roasted vegetables.