Grilled Kessler Pork Chops with Smoked Sauerkraut
Created by Brian Misko of House of Q (houseofq.com)
- 3-4 Johnston’s Pork Kessler Pork Chops
- 2-3 Tbsp House of Q house rub or your favourite rub/seasoning
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 tsp dried chipotle peppers
- 400 mL prepared sauerkraut large can
- 1/4-1/2 cup House of Q slow smoke gold BBQ sauce or your favourite BBQ sauce
- In an oven proof skillet with a lid, melt the butter and start to cook the onions. This can be on your grill, on the side burner or inside your house on the stove. Once the onions are soft, add the chipotle peppers, Slow Smoke Gold BBQ Sauce, and the sauerkraut. Mix well, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chops by coating each side of the meat with House Rub or your favourite seasoning. Grill to sear the meat and add flavour to the smoked pork chops. Once seared, place the chops on top of the simmering sauerkraut. Cover and continue to cook for another hour or more. If you have the time and you cook at a temperature low enough, the pork should shred easily and be added back into the sauerkraut.
- Serve with soft buns or pretzels and of course, a good German beer.