Johnston's Pork Loin with Stove Top Stuffing & Oven Roasted Vegetables
Chef Steve Waldron of Fat Wally's Firehouse BBQ brings you his non-turkey Christmas dinner option - a simple but delicious one dish meal.
- 1 Johnston’s Boneless Pork Loin 1-1.5 kg piece
- 1 box chicken stove top stuffing
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries optional
- favourite vegetables for roasting
- fresh herbs such as rosemary & thyme chopped
- coarse salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 1 package pork gravy optional
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup coarse salt or 1/8 cup table salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Mix brine ingredients until dissolved.
- Put pork in resealable zip-type bag with the brine and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Make stuffing per package directions and add cranberries.
- Remove pork from brine. Rinse and dry.
- Butterfly pork loin and pound to even thickness.
- Add stuffing to pork and roll up in to a roast. Tie with butcher's string.
- Season outside of roast with the fresh herbs, coarse salt and pepper.
- Lay vegetables in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and any herbs you like.
- Place roast on vegetables and put on middle rack of preheated oven.
- Roast at 450F for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 325F. Continue cooking until pork is 145F internal temperature and vegetables are roasted. (About another 45-60 minutes).
- Remove roast and cover loosely for 10 minutes.
- Make gravy (optional)
- Slice and serve.
- Note: If vegetables need more time, just put them back in oven while the roast rests.