Pork, Pepper and Pineapple Kebabs
Created by Chef Steve Waldron of Fat Wally's Firehouse BBQ (Facebook: Fat Wally's Firehouse BBQ)
- 1 lb Johnston’s Pork Chops centre cut
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 pineapple
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp dried mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6-8 wooden skewers soaked in water for 2+ hours
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup table salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Combine brine ingredients. Brine pork chops and refrigerate for 3 – 6 hours.
- Cut pork, peppers and pineapple into 1” pieces and alternate on to skewers.
- In a blender, add remaining pineapple (if any), honey, oil, mint leaves and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Divide sauce reserving half. Brush sauce on kebabs and grill over medium-high heat, flipping and basting with additional sauce until pork is cooked (10-15 minutes).
- Serve with reserved sauce.