Potato and Farmer Sausage Soup
- 5 cups potatoes diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 large carrots diced into rounds
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 Johnston's Farmer Sausage cut into rounds
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 2/3 cup (1 can) evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg asparagus soup mix
- Put potatoes and onion into a soup pot and cover with water. Add salt, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Cook carrots and farmer’s sausage separately.
- Add butter, milk, and water to potatoes. Add pre-cooked carrots, sausage, soup mix (dissolve in water first so it is not lumpy – add more water if needed). Bring to boil.
- This is very chunky soup and is a meal in itself.