For Versatile Pork Patty recipe, click here.
Potato Chip Crusted Pork Patty
Courtesy of Chef Steve Waldron of Fat Wally's Firehouse BBQ. This oven baked pork patty gets all of its flavour from the potato chip crust. We used salt and vinegar chips in this recipe but feel free to try other flavours.
- 4 frozen Versatile Pork Patties do not defrost for this recipe
- 200 g bag salt & vinegar potato chips
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Process potato chips to a fine bread crumb size consistency with a food processor, blender or crush with a rolling pin. Put the ground potato chips into a dish big enough to fit the pork patties
- Spread a light layer of the mayonnaise on all sides of each pork patty. This will make the chips stick to the patty
- Put each patty one at a time in to the potato chip mixture to coat well and place on cookie sheet
- Spray the top of the coated pork patties with cooking spray to help brown them
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Remove when internal temperature reaches 145°F