Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 2 (12 oz/375 g) Johnston’s Pork Shoulder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 fl oz (500 mL) bottled root beer (do not use ’diet’)
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 24 kaiser or hamburger buns split & lightly toasted
- Place the pork and onion in a slow cooker. Pour the root beer over the pork, cover and cook on LOW until well-cooked and the pork shred easily, usually 8 to 10 hours (or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH).
- Drain well and discard extra root beer. Stir in barbeque sauce. Serve on buns, with coleslaw.
- Root Beer gives an interesting sweet and spicy tang to this Southern style sandwich.