Sausage and Gravy for Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 lb Johnston’s Pork Sausage bulk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 6 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash worcestershire sauce
- dash hot pepper sauce
- Crumble sausage into large saucepan, cook over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, cook and stir until transparent. Drain, discarding all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Stir in flour, cook over medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes or until mixture bubbles and turns golden.
- Stir in milk. Add seasonings, cook, stirring until thickened.
- To serve, slice biscuits and spoon gravy over halves.