Spicy Pork Parcels
Recipe created by Steve Waldron. A great appetizer which can be served hot or cold
- 1 lb Johnston's Spicy Italian Sausage casings removed
- ¼ Cup panko or plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 Jar grape/vine leaves
- wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Mix together all ingredients except for the grape leaves.
- Rinse brine from grape leaves and pat dry.
- Add about a Tablespoon of the sausage mixture to each grape leave and roll up like a burrito.
- Double skewer 4 or 5 pork parcels and brush lightly with oil and add a little coarse salt.
- Light half of your grill and get to 350-400 degrees.
- Place the skewered packages over direct heat with the wooden skewers over the unlit side of the grill so they don’t burn. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until meat mixture feels firm. The grape leaves help prevent flare ups.
- Remove from skewers and serve with a dipping sauce such as a Rose pasta sauce or even Ranch dressing.