Angie’s WORLD FAMOUS Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
These were on the Vancouver Magazine list of 101 things to eat before you die! Recipe courtesy of Angie Quaale of Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store (www.wellseasoned.ca)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup softened brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 8 slices Johnston's Thick-Sliced Bacon cooked crisp and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and bacon.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.