Johnston’s Chocolate Berry Glazed Pork Loin
Created by Johnston’s Alex Pugsley
- 3 lbs Johnston’s Boneless Pork Loin
Chocolate Heat Rub
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
Chocolate Berry Glaze
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups frozen cranberries or raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup bbq sauce your favourite
- 50 ml shaved semisweet dark chocolate
- Chocolate Heat Rub: In a large bowl, combine ingredients. Rub the mixture evenly over pork loin. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Chocolate Berry Glaze: Combine ingredients in a sauce pan on med-high heat, stirring frequently until a rolling boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 325°F
- Lightly coat a frying pan with oil over med-high heat. Add the pork loin and sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the loin to a baking pan and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until internal temperature reads 140°F or to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven, cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Slice and glaze sauce over pork before serving.