Make guests think that you slaved over these breaded chops. Serve with steamed broccoli and roasted potato wedges. (Source: National Pork Board)
- 8 Johnston’s Boneless Loin Pork Chops 3/4" thick
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 6 oz pkg cornbread stuff mix
- ¼ cup asiago or parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup butter-flavour shortening
- Beat together eggs and water in a small bowl until foamy. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Place stuffing mix in a self-sealing plastic bag; finely crush with a rolling pin. Stir in Asiago or Parmesan cheese and poppy seeds. Transfer to a second shallow bowl.
- Trim fat from chops. Coat chops with crushed mixture. Dip into egg mixture and coat with crushed mixture again.
- Heat half of the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it sizzles. Reduce heat to medium. Add 4 of the chops; cook for 6 minutes. Turn chops and cook about 6 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 140°F, reducing heat as necessary to prevent over-browning. Transfer chops to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining shortening and chops.