Pork and Peppers Stir-fry
Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- 1 lb Johnston’s Pork Tenderloin cut into strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 medium red pepper cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 can 8 oz pineapple chunks liquid reserved and set aside
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- Combine pork, sugar, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Mix well and let stand 15 mins.
- Heat 12-inch skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add pork mixture and stir-fry approximately 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add remaining oil and stir-fry peppers and onions for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl combine pineapple liquid, cornstarch, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Cook until sauce has thickened and pineapple is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.