Pork Chop Casserole
Courtesy of Alice Mae Macdonald
- 6 Johnston’s Pork Chops
- 4 potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 can cream or mushroom or celery soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp sage
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Trim fat from pork chops. Brown chops in frying pan.
- While chops are browning peel and slice potatoes thinly, placing in an oblong dish. Place browned chops on top of potatoes.
- Chop onion and place in frying pan to brown.
- Mix together onion, salt, pepper, sage, soup and milk; pour over chops.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes at 350°F, until temperature reaches 145°F to 150°F. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving as is or over rice.