Pork Loin Rainbow Roll-Ups
Recipe created by Executive Chef Antonio Cerullo of Choices Market
- 10 slices Johnston’s Pork Loin quick fry boneless chops, thinly pounded, approx. 800 grams/2lbs total
- 350 grams Johnston's Ground Pork or ¾ pound
- 1 cup medium zucchini small diced, approx. 1total
- 1 cup medium carrot small diced, approx. ½
- ½ small red pepper small diced, approx. ½ cup
- 1 garlic clove sliced (optional)
- 2+ 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest untreated or organic lemon
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano or extra sharp cheddar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pork beef or chicken stock (no salt)
- In a large frying pan on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Proceed to brown carrots. Once carrots start browning add zucchini, pepper and garlic, and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until zucchini start browning. Add a sprinkle of salt and freshly cracked pepper, and set aside to chill.
- In a medium bowl, place ground pork, 1 teaspoon sea salt, lemon zest, rosemary, and Parmiggiano. Mix until amalgamated. Once vegetables have cooled, assemble with ground meat mixture.
- Place thin slices on a large board, lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper, and divide up the ground pork / veggie mixture among the ten slices. Roll slices to enclose filling. Tie with cooking twine to hold together, or use large toothpicks.
- Heat up remaining 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and proceed to brown roll-ups on one side for 3-4 minutes, on medium heat. Once roll-ups are flipped, cover and cook covered for 4-5 more minutes. Remove cover, add lemon juice and stock and allow liquids to reduce.
- Serve warm or cold with its own drippings and a little drizzle of your favourite olive oil.