Truffled Bacon Hassleback Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of Rocky Mountain Smokers
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- ½ lb Johnston’s Bacon
- ¼ Cup butter
- 2 Tbsp chives finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- truffle salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, approximately 1/8 inch apart, and 1/8 inch from the bottom.
- Add the potatoes to the water, boil for approximately 4 mins. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic, chives & parsley. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Slice bacon crosswise into small pieces, 1/8 inch wide. Carefully insert one piece of bacon into each slice of potato, letting the bacon poke out of the top of each slice.
- Place the potato on a baking sheet. Drizzle the potatoes with half the butter mixture.
- Heat oven to 350°F & bake potatoes until tender. Wait until bacon is crisped to desired doneness, approximately 30 mins.