Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Bacon Jam Stuffing
Recipe courtesy of Rocky Mountain Smokers
- 1 Johnston’s Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 lb Johnston’s Bacon
- salt & pepper
1/2 - 1 Cup Bourbon Bacon Jam
- 2 lbs Johnston’s Bacon cut crosswise into 1” pieces
- 2 medium onions diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 6 Tbsp bourbon
- Butterfly the pork tenderloin and season both sides with Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Spread bacon jam in the middle of butterflied tenderloin and fold the tenderloin back together.
- Wrap with sliced bacon, securing with toothpicks. Transfer tenderloin to rack or baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 350°F and bake tenderloin until internal temperature reaches 140°F and bacon has crisped.
Bourbon Bacon Jam
- Divide Johnston’s bacon between 2 skillets and cook over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until bacon is lightly brown and starting to crisp.
- Place bacon on paper towels to drain. Discard fat from one skillet. Pour off all but one tablespoon of fat from the remaining skillet.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir frequently until onions are softened. Add vinegar, brown sugar, maple syrup, coffee, and bourbon.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Add bacon and stir to combine. Cook on low, uncovered, until liquid has reduced and thickened slightly (3-4 hours).
- Transfer mixture to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Let cool, transfer to air tight jars and store in refrigerator up to 1 month. Makes 3 cups.