Atomic Bacon Bombs
- 2 pounds Johnston’s Pork Loin
- 1 pound bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or your favorite BBQ rub
- 2 jalapeños quartered and deseeded
- ½ pound smoked brisket or sausage of your choice
- Favorite BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut pork loin to ½ inch thickness then butterfly pork loin.
- Put pork loin in between 2 plastic wrap sheets and use meat tenderizer to flatten meat. Set aside.
- In standup mixer, add cream cheese, parmesan, cheddar, gruyere and BBQ rub. Mix till it is evenly mixed. Can also do this by hand in mixing bowl.
- Put flattened pork loin on cutting board. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly onto pork loin covering about ¾ of the meat.
- Put couple of jalapeño wedges and strips of brisket or sausage on 1 end of flattened meat.
- Carefully roll the creation into football shape.
- Lay 3-4 strips of bacon on the cutting board.
- Put the football shaped creation on strips of bacon and wrap it up with bacon.
- Season the whole thing with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Set smoker to 275°F, cook atomic bacon bombs in the smoker for 45 minutes or till internal temperature reach 150°F.
- Once internal temperature reach 150°F, glaze the atomic bacon bombs with BBQ sauce and cook for another 10-15 minutes to set BBQ sauce.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before digging in.
- Enjoy with a pint or two!