Grandpa J’s Acorn & Sweet Potato Soup
Garnished with Jalapeno Honey Bacon. Recipe Courtesy of Jen and Nora from Grandpa J's Seasonings!https://www.grandpajs.com/
- Johnston's Honey Jalapeno Bacon 1 lb. package
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Leek
- 2-3 Celery sticks
- 4 Carrots
- ½ Parsnip
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Potato
- 1 Yam
- ½ Acorn Squash
- Chicken Broth
- Dice and fry your bacon in your soup pot. When done remove and set to the side, keeping the oil and fat in the pot. Cube and slice all your veggies evenly.
- As needed, splash olive oil into the pot and toss in all of your veggies. Sauté until softened.
- Pour in your chicken broth, an inch before covering your veggies. Season with Grandpa J' All Purpose Seasoning Salt and let simmer.
- When the veggies are soft, use your immersion stick blender and purée. Season as necessary.
- Plate into a bowl, garnish with chives and bacon bits.
I had spare pieces of yellow and orange peppers so I threw those in too! Add cream and croutons for some more depth of flavor!