Baked Johnson’s Holiday ham, the local way
This has become a centrepiece of my family gatherings – Johnston’s Pork holiday ham paired with roasted BCFresh potatoes and brussel sprouts. Consider making a meaningful choice by incorporating Buy BC products into your festive meals. By opting for local produce, meats, and goods, you not only treat your family and guests to the freshest flavors but also play a crucial role in supporting our local farmers and producers.https://www.straight.com/food/do-try-this-at-home-holiday-ham-local-way
- Johnson’s ham of your choice cut in half.
- Season with Grandpa J’s Original seasoning approx 4 tbsp for half a ham
Grandpa J’s Greko Lemon Roasted BCFresh Potatoes
- 1 lbs Yukon gold potatoes in half
- 2 tbsp Grandpa J's Greko Lemon
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
Roasted BCFresh Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb BCFresh brussel sprouts Cut the brussels in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Double Smoked Bacon and Ambrosia Apple Relish
- 4 cups ¼ inch diced double smoked bacon I like using Johnston’s bacon
- 2 cups ¼ inch peeled and chopped BC ambrosia apples similar size to the bacon
- 1 medium shallot finely diced
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup cranberry juice or apple
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Source a fantastic Johnson’s ham of your choice. Cut it in half.
- Rub the ham(s) with four tablespoons of olive oil.Season with Grandpa J’s Original seasoning (approximately 4 tablespoons for half a ham).
- Bake the ham(s) in a preheated 425-degree oven for 1 hour.
Grandpa J’s lemon-roasted BCFresh potatoes
- Cut 2 pounds of Yukon gold potatoes in half.Toss with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and season with 2 tablespoons of Grandpa J’s Greko Lemon seasoning.
- Place the potatoes in a casserole dish and bake in the pre-heated 425-degree oven for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and fork-tender.
Roasted BCFresh Brussels sprouts
- Take 1 pound of BCFresh Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place the sprouts in a casserole dish and roast in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a shallow pan, saute the bacon in the olive oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Pour off the fat
- Add the apples, the cranberry juice and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add the vinegar and the maple or honey
- Add the cracked black pepper
- Slice 2 slices of the ham and lay it on the plate, add the roasted potatoes; and the brussels and spoon the bacon and apple jam overtop.