Lachsschinken Eggs Benedict
Lachsschinken is dry cured and cold smoked pork loin that is much like smoked salmon. Thinly sliced Johnston's smoked pork tenderloin could also be used. Lachsshinken is available locally at Altmaerker German Sausage and Deli.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins
- 100 gm Lachsschinken or your favorite deli meat
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup melted butter melt over high heat stirring constantly until foaming stops
- Combine all but melted butter in a cup that the immersion blender head fits snugly into and blend slowly while adding the melted butter.
- Season to taste with cayenne or hot sauce and keep warm until ready to use.
- Place a medium size pot on stove and heat water over med heat to a simmer,
- crack eggs in one at a time and cook to desired doneness(about 4 minutes)
- while eggs are cooking toast english muffins and divide lachsschinken evenly on muffins.
- using a slotted spoon remove eggs and dab on paper towel to absorb any excess water.
- place an egg on each muffin and top with warm hollandaise,garnish with sliced green onion and a pinch of paprika.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a small lidded pot in a warm place..Hollandaise cannot be cooled and reheated.