Sausage & Rice Cake
The first annual Barn Burner BBQ's winning chefs’ choice recipe created by Smokey's Bar-B-Que Competition Team. This is a dish that can go in many directions; you can add your favourite dried fruit, cheese and sauce. You can also add a variety of different vegetables to your liking. www.smokeysbarbque.com
- 1 lb Johnston's Farmer Sausage ground
- ½ cup dried cherry chopped
- 2 cups mild cheese shredded
- 4 cups jasmin rice cooked
- 1 tsp seasoning salt/rub
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup shallots chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate sauce
- Cook sausage and chop into small pieces, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup of pomegranate sauce and olive oil, and mix together. Form into palm size patties and place on flat surface such as cookie sheet until ready to cook.
- In frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Place cakes into oil and fry for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange on plate and drizzle remaining pomegranate sauce over cakes.