Pumpkin Spice Pork Shoulder
Pumpkin Spice isn't just for lattes and desserts!
- 2 lbs sliced pork shoulder
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- 1-3 tsp pumpkin spice or Johnston's Moroccan rub add more or less to taste
- 2 cups butternut squash diced
- 1/2 cup broth
- Optional: add a few sprigs of sage or thyme
- While the oven is heating to 200°C. Evenly coat meat with 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning.
- Place diced squash into your roasting pan and mix with 3 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. (You can add extra PS and sage sprigs here if desired)
- Place the pork cuts on top of the squash and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Move pork and drizzle bone broth over the veggies only then place the meat back to the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and put it back to the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the meat and the squash are soft.
- Remove the foil, broil/grill in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until the meat is golden brown.
- Serve from the pan and enjoy!